There are many ways to be a part of our project here in Kenya. One of the best ways you can help is through committed prayer.
Sponsor a child!
As of Christmas 2009, we are pleased to announce that every child is sponsored in our program!!
That said, there are many many more children who come to try to get food at our Saturday distributions, only to be turned away without any. We think the best way to help these kids is to help their guardian (most children have at least 1 grandmother or aunt to support them through income-generating activities (honeybee projects, goats, chickens, etc.). Contact us at email@example.com to get information about how you can help individually or in your church/workplace.
OR you can..
Donate a one-time gift by clicking the paypal button on the side of the screen.
Donors will receive reports of the items or services purchased and will receive a thank you from our families themselves. Examples of needs include:
- Specific medical and other needs
- Field trips or camps for the children
- A used vehicle
- Office supplies / correspondence / transport / administrative costs
- Christmas and birthday gifts
We praise God for you!
There is a need for volunteers, both African and international, to come encourage the staff, churches, families and children in our area.
We welcome foreign volunteers and strive to meet every need of groups or individuals who are interested in visiting us for a day, week, month or year. Please email us for more details.
Prayer is the most effective way to help our ministry. We know that we are poor but God is rich, and we are weak but he is strong! Please lift up the following requests before God.
Prayer Requests (updated March 2008)
- For spiritual growth in guardians and children
- For the health of our families
- For the endurance and love of our volunteers and board members
- For the field to produce good vegetation and profit for our families
- For funds needed: vehicle, administrative costs.
- For us to glorify God and put him first
- For our international donors/prayer warriors to remain committed
- For our local church members to be blessed in their giving
Telling others about our ministry here is an important part of being involved. Here are some ideas for ways you can help us from wherever you are.
- Fundraising — Planning games, events, bottle drives, any sort of fundraising event that people may attend will help us to grow and impact more families in the slum areas of Nairobi.
- Linking to our site — Sending people to this website will help us raise awareness and gain more prayers for our families!
- Organizing prayer meetings — Local believers in your area can meet together and pray for our situation in Kenya, our families and our leaders. Monthly or bi-monthly meetings are one way to remember us without asking too much of a commitment from members.
- Word of Mouth — Tell coworkers, friends and family about the work started here. We are excited to be a program that is in touch with the world but not reliant on the world to be sustainable.
Reports about where funds were used are sent to donors. FFF is financially transparent so your friends can feel comfortable giving to our children, not worrying about funds being “dumped” somewhere and causing more harm than good.
Go to our contact page to email us directly or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!